“The power of music to integrate and cure is quite fundamental. It is the profoundest non-chemical medication.”
– Dr. Oliver Sacks, neurologist, author of Awakenings.
Music has a long history in medicine and healing. The ancient Greeks believed that music could heal the body and the soul. Ancient Egyptians and Native Americans used singing and chanting as part of their healing rituals.
PSI offers singing workshops for business organizations, professional groups and informal gatherings.
The singing workshops allow you to
- Learn to appreciate the sound of your own voice
- Learn to listen to others
- Discover the sense of community that singing together brings.
- Develop the confidence to sing with others while holding your own part.
Singing is powerful and uplifting. Singing together teaches us how to listen to each other, and singing in harmony has a ripple effect in the community and beyond.
We will learn chants, rounds and songs of spirit from around the world, in the oral tradition. No singing experience is necessary. We believe that everyone can sing!